Sunday, June 5, 2011

Roland Garros

If you keep up at all with sports, you know that the French Open has been going on for the last two weeks.  Right before it started, Dustin and I had the opportunity to see some exhibition games at Roland Garros (where the French Open is held).  I don't exactly love tennis, but it was really neat to get to see Roland Garros and some of the players. 

One of the stadiums


The guy in blue is Andy Murray, the famous Scottish player.  











Roland Garros is an absolutely beautiful venue, and enjoyable even if you are not a huge tennis fan.  But I think my favorite part of the day was my 8 euro "Roland Garros" ice cream sundae from Haagen Dazs...is that bad?

2 comments:

  1. Would have preferred to have Federer win, but Nadal is a master on clay! So glad you are having so many wonderful adventures in Paris. Just goes to show that you can't see everything on a vacation, you have to spend a few years to really do everything. I really enjoy reading your blog. Hopefully we'll get a chance to come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big fan of tennis either, so I can see how the ice cream would be the highlight of the day! It does look like a beautiful venue and your pictures are great!! I love the one of with the Eiffel Tower in the background.

    ReplyDelete