Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Trip to the Market!

Saturday morning was absolutely beautiful.  The sun was out and there was a slight chill to the air.  The cool, crisp morning had us commenting that it would be the perfect day for tailgating at a college football game.  Our conversation quickly turned to imagining the things we would eat at this tailgate - grilled hot dogs, chili, etc.  Sadly, there was no tailgate in our future that day, but we did have a great morning exploring an open air market that is not very far from our apartment. 

The market is open on Wednesdays and Saturdays.  I have read that it is one of the best open air markets in Paris - so understandably, it was super busy.  In my head I had decided that this was the day I was going to try to actually purchase something at the market.  I have walked through the market before, but it can be quite intimidating....especially when your French is not good. 

I'll admit that once again, I was too intimidated to try to purchase something.  Bummer.  But I did get several pictures to show you  what the market is like.  One day my post will be all about the great things I bought at the market....but don't hold your breath for that one.  It could be awhile...








Please notice the heads/necks hanging over the edge of the display case. 

Table of ducks. 






Do you want to take some of these home?

Although we didn't buy anything at the market, we managed to find a patisserie where we purchased a yummy pastry to share.  It's funny how I can't find the courage to buy vegetables, but when it comes to pastries I have no problem...

4 comments:

  1. Besides the scary-looking meat, the market looks like so much fun! I don't know that I would have the courage to try and buy anything either. The pastry looks much tastier anyway;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comment about the courage to buy a pastry is cracking me up! You will get there and be buying food at that market in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many fresh choices. Dive in....take a chance...we want to read about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures are great! And I love that pastries are easy for you to purchase :)

    ReplyDelete