Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sunny Sunday in Montmartre

The Montmartre neighborhood of Paris is one of the most lively, energetic, colorful areas you can find in this city.  While much of Paris looks like this...


Montmartre looks like this...         






























Picasso, Monet, and van Gogh all spent time in this eclectic neighborhood.  Although it is overflowing with tourists now, its charm is undeniable.  The cobblestone roads, street musicians, vivid colors, and village-like atmosphere make this one of my favorite spots in Paris!  Montmatre has the ability to transport you out of a large city and into a cozy, comfy, welcoming town. 

3 comments:

  1. It looks like a beautiful and charming area. It amazes me every time I see your pictures that (A) you are living in Paris and (B) how much history is there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, gorgeous pictures, Jody! You are going to have so many great memories, and I think we are all living some of our dreams through you right now:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Abby and Liz, I just love the pictures you share with us! Not just the beautiful buildings with their amazing architecture, but also the fun details, like the shop signs and the window planters. I feel like I am almost picture myself exploring with you! And I love that you are enjoying every minute of your priceless adventure :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete