Friday, March 11, 2011

Tarte au Citron et aux Amandes

This week I decided that I needed to make a French dessert.  For my first solo experience with one (I made one a few weeks ago when I was Cooking with Sabine), I made a lemon and almond tart.

 
Since I am lazy, I started with a premade crust (pâte sablée) and
poked holes in it with a fork.

Next, I zested three lemons...

...and juiced them (with my new juicer from Italy!).

Then I took three eggs...

...and mixed them with 100g of melted butter, 200g of sugar, 75g of powdered almonds, and the lemon juice and zest.

I poured the mixture into the crust.

And then baked it for 30 minutes (covered in foil) and then 15 minutes uncovered at 200 degrees Celsius.  I let it cool and then put it in the refrigerater.  It is best eaten cold.
   
It turned out quite well...if I do say so myself!




4 comments:

  1. Love the play-by-play photos! It looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome, Jody! I love lemon desserts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now I'm hungry for lemon bars! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!!! Feel free to ship some of that stateside!

    ReplyDelete