Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Flood on the 7th Floor!

So, living on the 7th floor (which is actually the 8th floor by American standards), I never imagined that I could encounter a flood.  Well, apparently I was wrong.  There was a pretty bad storm last week that dumped a ton of water all at once.  It was raining so hard that I couldn't even see the Eiffel Tower out of my window.

Where did the tower go?!

I didn't realize until a few minutes into the storm that the gutter outside of my apartment was clogged.  My entire balcony was flooding!  If it got much higher, it would have started seeping into my apartment.  So, I ventured outside with a broom, jammed the end of it down the gutter, and managed to get the water flowing again!



The storm is almost over...

Rainbow out the back of my apartment!

Literally minutes after the storm ended.





5 comments:

  1. I still can't get over the fact that you can see the Eiffel Tower out your window. Do you ever get used to that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! Can you send some rain our way?? Not a ton...we had enough in April, but we sure could use some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Gretchen. I can't believe you couldn't see the Eiffel Tower either. Are you sure you didn't Photoshop it out?? :) Smart thinking to push the water back and fix the drain. That would have been a big mess to clean up if it got inside.

    ReplyDelete