Saturday, September 3, 2011

First Stop: Switzerland

Dustin and I just got back from an amazing two week vacation.  We started in Interlaken, Switzerland...the land of cheese and chocolate.  When we travel, we tend to be most excited about the food each city has to offer.  So, after the obligitory dinner of cheese fondue, we were ready to see what else Switzerland had to offer. 

By far, Switzerland is the most beautiful country I have ever visited.  It might even rank up there with my favorite place I have ever been.  Everything is so crisp, clean, and fresh.  The people are happy, welcoming, and helpful. 

On our first full day, we set out on a scenic train ride to the highest point in Europe- Jungfraujoch.  It was absolutely stunning.  We went from being hot where we got on the train, to being freezing up at the top!

View from the bottom

View from the top!

Dustin out on the observation platform.





Getting ready to throw a snowball!



Walking through a carved out glacier!







On our way down...



I want to live here next...

Our second (and last) day in Interlaken was rainy, so we decided to orchestrate our own chocolate and wine tasting.  First, we went to the chocolate shop and picked out several different types (I must admit, we already ate a couple of the chocolates before I snapped the picture below).  Then, we went to a wine shop and asked the man working there to recommend a Swiss wine that would pair well with our chocolate.  We then spent the afternoon on our balcony, with books, chocolate, and wine.  Talk about perfection!


Next stop:  Venice!

3 comments:

  1. I was wondering where you had been! This is so beautiful, Jody. I wish I could just stick my hand through the computer screen and enjoy some of that wine and chocolate too. I can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wine, chocolate and a good book sounds like the perfect afternoon for me. Your pictures are gorgeous. It almost doesn't look real its so picturesque.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New Longchamp bag, very nice! ;)

    ReplyDelete