Monday, December 12, 2011

Belgium!

If you ever want to visit a quaint, beautiful city in Europe with some of the best chocolate, fries, waffles, and beer in the world, then you have to go to Bruges!! It might be one of my favorite places we have been in Europe!
Getting ready to go on a canal cruise!


On the canal cruise with our friends Dan and Lauretta.



From our boat, we could see this dog that is always sleeping in the window!  Too cute!  We went back the next day, and sure enough, the dog was still there.  :)




One of the yummy chocolate shops that we visited...


After a day and a half in Bruges, we took the train to nearby Brussels.  It definitely does not rank as one of my favorite European cities, but we still got to eat some yummy fries and waffles. 

One of the biggest tourist attractions in Brussels is the Mannekin Pis.  I was pretty disappointed in him.  I mean, what's all the hype about?


mmmmmmm....waffles....

And I will leave you with this...Don't you wish this was your bus to and from work? :)

2 comments:

  1. I felt the same way about Mannekin Pis. Although when I saw him he was dressed in a ridiculous little outfit, which seemed even worse. Nathan and I too loved Bruges! Glad to be reminded of it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dog has the best napping position ever. Looks like it was a fun and delicious trip! And I can see why you would be underwhelmed by the Mannekin Pis, I see that everyday in my house and after you've seen it once it loses its appeal.

    ReplyDelete