Monday, November 15, 2010

Adventures in Amsterdam

Last week, Dustin and I decided to take a trip to Amsterdam.  Just knowing that I would be able to speak English everywhere THRILLED me.  We also have a couple of friends living in Amsterdam right now, so we knew it would be fun to see them!

So, we hopped on a train early Thursday morning and arrived a few hours later in the Netherlands.  We dropped off our luggage with friends (thank you Hilary and Patrick!!) and set out to explore the city.  Over the next few days, we managed to see and do a lot.  I even got to see Eva, a sorority sister of mine!  The city is beautiful - full of canals and bicycles.  It almost makes you feel like you have gone back in time.


Canal Cruise







 I loved the different shapes and colors of the canal houses!


Anne Frank's House.  This museum was my favorite thing we did in Amsterdam.


We got to try several types of Dutch candy here! 


Flower Market


Pancakes with cheese and bacon for lunch!


Marken - A fishing village outside of Amsterdam 


The Heineken Experience  


It was truly an experience! 



Market in Amsterdam - mini pancakes!  YUM!


And I will leave you with this.  Why can't Paris post these signs?
Just another reason to love Amsterdam... 

2 comments:

  1. Love the dog sign...I could use that in my neighborhood as well. Looks like you guys had a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I was so close! We had a layover in the airport in Amsterdam on the way to and from Turkey. We nearly overlapped! (We were in the airport on the 10th.)

    ReplyDelete