Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Maggie's First Day


I got to spend two incredible weeks with my sister in Paris.  The memories from our adventures are amazing and I will cherish them forever.  There are too many things to write about for one blog post, so I will start with her first full day in the city. 

We decided that the best way to get a feel for the city was to take a hop-on hop-off bus tour.  I had done one before, but decided it was worth doing again.  Plus, it was so much fun to see all of these things through Maggie's eyes.  I hate to say that things are starting to feel normal here, but it is true.  Sometimes I forget that this really is a beautiful city with incredible history, architecture, and art.  So, to see these things from Maggie's perspective reminded me of how amazing this place is.

 Waiting for the bus...of course it had to rain on her first day!



We got off the bus at the Arc de Triomphe.

It is huge!  Can you spot me beneath the arc?

The view from the top was worth all of the stairs!

To finish off Maggie's first day, we put together a feast from several of the little shops in my neighborhood.  


3 comments:

  1. Fun stuff! I love sister time! PS- that baguette looks delish (can you tell my apetite is back? LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Maggie's expressions are priceless! Can't wait to read more about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both are too cute! It looks like you had a great time and you both got to explore Paris together. Sisters are the best.

    ReplyDelete