Thursday, April 14, 2011

Versailles, Nutella Crepes, Chocolat Chaud, and more!

Maggie's first full week here was FILLED with new experiences.  We spent a day at Versailles, had nutella et banane crepes, took a picnic one evening up to Sacre Coeur, visited the Middle Ages museum, tried the world famous Angelina's chocolat chaud - L'Africain (hot chocolate), toured the two islands, and ate the world's best ice cream.  And that is just what we did together!  Maggie explored a lot on her own as well, giving me time to catch up on "real life".  I was so proud of her for venturing out on her own - it is scary in a country where you don't speak the language!

Outside of the gates of Versailles

Inside Versailles - the Hall of Mirrors

Gardens of Versailles



Maggie's first Nutella et banane crepe on rue Cler!

Our picnic at Sacre Coeur

Cheering on the Bulldogs!

On Sunday afternoon, we had hot chocolate and pastries at Angelina's.  Click here to read more about Angelina's hot chocolate!




World's Best Ice Cream!

It was an awesome week!  I especially liked that I had an excuse to eat so many tasty treats!  :)

4 comments:

  1. I am hungry now! And craving hot chocolate for some reason...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun, Jody! I am so glad you got to share all that with your sister:) I agree with Mandi, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds (and looks!) like an amazing time! So excited for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I ever visit you in Paris, you are taking me to eat all of those things. The End.

    ReplyDelete