Saturday, September 25, 2010

Parrotheads in Paris!

Dustin and I went to see Jimmy Buffett last night.  I was so so so excited to see him in Paris!  Before the concert, I met up with my friend Megan at Harry’s.  It was a really neat bar because over the years, people have hung pennants of their favorite college team all over the walls.  I was pretty pumped when I saw an IU pennant on the wall!


After Harry’s, we wandered around to find something to eat.  We ended up at a place called, “The American Dream.”  We felt like it was an appropriate place to eat before the concert.  Afterall, we needed to eat cheeseburgers!  The place was pretty cheesy (no pun intended), and the menu wasn’t exactly what we would consider to be American, but it was fun nonetheless. 


Finally, it was time to head to the concert!  It was fun to see so many parrotheads out and about in Paris.  I don’t think the French really knew what hit them!  Most of the people we came across were American or British.  I suppose there were a few French people in the crowd, but definitely not many.









The concert was literally the best Buffett show I have ever seen.  The venue only held a couple thousand people, so it had a very intimate feel.  He played for almost 3 hours.  It was neat because he spoke a lot of French during the concert.  The whole thing definitely had a different feel than seeing him in an outside venue like I had seen him before.  Overall, it was a great evening filled with friends and Jimmy!


5 comments:

  1. How fun!!! You look great, Jody! I remember my one and only Jimmy Buffet concert...Abby can tell you more about that one;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so neat! Glad you had fun and a splash of American culture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for next year (fingers crossed he comes back!). It's still All Buffett All The Time on my iPod :)

    And, today at 10 a.m. and 10 p.m. EST, on Radio Margaritaville, there will be a playing of last year's concert at La Cigale (so that's 16h our time!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great time! We will have to send you a Hanover pennant to hang up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watched a video that was twitter about Paris concert ... must have been wonderful ... we featured a home dedicated to Jimmy Buffett ... thought you might enjoy .... http://issuu.com/gulfscapes/docs/gulfscapes-magazine-winter2010

    ReplyDelete