Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Places in Our Neighborhood

In my French class yesterday, my professeur gave us the assignment to take pictures of our neighborhood.  I thought it could be fun to share them here on my blog.  All of the following pictures are within a ten minute walk from our apartment.  Remember that Sesame Street song, "Places in Our Neighborhood"?  Well, here is my version:

(sing this part!)  So these are the places in my neighborhood, my neighborhood, my neighborhood.  Yes, these are the places in my neighborhood.  The places where we meet each day!
The American Church of Paris - it is on the same street as our apartment!



This is the view of the Seine at the end of our street.








Fire Station

Neighborhood Starbucks!  I haven't visited yet....it just doesn't seem right.


Neighborhood School

Neighborhood Catholic Church.  The bells at this church ring all the time and we can hear them in our apartment. 

A fruit stand on the famous Rue Cler.  It is just a few steps from our apartment. 

Neighborhood Flower Shop
The Post Office

View on the street by our apartment....Love it!

Neighborhood Cheese Shop 
Neighborhood Pharmacy

Gelato...oh man, it is bad to have this so close.  

Neighborhood bread and pastry shop...also quite dangerous. 



And of course the neighborhood Pizza Hut....which just so happens to be directly across the street from our apartment.  HA!


So these are the places in my neighborhood, my neighborhood, my neighborhood.  Yes, these are the places in my neighborhood.  The places where we meet each day!

4 comments:

  1. So neat, Jody! I love seeing the pictures. Enjoy every minute of it! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing the pictures too! I can just see you and Dustin walking by all of those places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I would LOVE to live in a city where all these fresh markets are in walking distance!! Reminds me of Ina Garten on the Food Network when she goes shopping and knows all her specialty food people ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would KILL for a cheese chop where we lived although I'm thinking it wouldn't be quite as good! It looks like you live in a movie, such an adventure!

    ReplyDelete