Thursday, February 17, 2011

Le Jour de la Saint-Valentin

While Dustin was at work on Valentine's Day, I set out to find the perfect pastry to share for dessert that evening.  I found myself at Lenotre, salivating over the beautiful display of Valentine's Day goodies in the window.  Every time I walk by this shop, I tell myself that one day I will buy something. But the price tag on these yummy treats had discouraged me up until this point.  Since it was Valentine's Day, I decided it was a special enough occasion to splurge. 

The bag our pastry came in.




The box our pastry was in.


The pastry I picked out!  YUMM!!







When Dustin got home from work, we exchanged cards and then used a sharpie to write our names on a padlock.  There is a bridge in Paris, Pont des Arts, where couples have attached  padlocks all over the bridge.  There are HUNDREDS (maybe thousands?) of them - all different shapes, colors, and sizes.  Some have been elaborately engraved, others don't have anything written on them at all.  The padlocks symbolize the undying love of the couple who placed the lock on the bridge.  We decided that this was a good night to add our own lock to the bridge.


Pont des Arts






Right before we placed our lock on the bridge.










After you attach your lock, you are supposed to hurl your key into the Seine.  Because of several police officers nearby, we decided to casually drop the key instead.  :)



We walked home from the bridge, both commenting that it was pretty amazing to have the opportunity to spend Valentine's Day in Paris.  The memories we are making are truly unbelievable!

8 comments:

  1. I think this puts just about everyone's Valentine's day to shame...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your last picture is gorgeous and I love the Eiffel Tower in the background. I also may or may not have gotten a little misty eyed about your padlock. Just think, there will always be a part of you and Dustin in Paris for forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh that is so romatic! You guys are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally jealous! What a great day/evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing Valentine's Day! And that pastry? I want to come to Paris just to have one of those!!!

    ReplyDelete